Café Manager wanted for Tea Room
(Edinburgh, competitive salary depending on experience)
eteaket is an independent speciality tea business spreading the joy of whole leaf tea so we can encourage each other to live life on purpose. An opportunity has opened up in our Tea Room for a Full Time Cafe Manager and we’re looking for someone rather special to fill it.
- Do you love the sound of working with loose leaf tea, spreading joy through afternoon tea and delighting customers with quality food?
- Are you looking for a change and do you like managing and developing teams?
- Do you relish the prospect of having autonomy and the chance to put your ideas into practice?
Then get in touch and let us know why you’d be the perfect applicant for our Cafe Manager position.We are open 7 days a week from 9am – 6pm each day (so no night shifts! Yippee).
To apply, please email a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and a CV that is fully up to date and correct to [email protected]
You would be responsible for the following:
- managing the team (including hiring and training)
- managing cafe bookings (phone/email)
- customer service
- ordering from suppliers, checking in deliveries, daily banking/ petty cash
- managing policies and procedures– Health and Safety compliance/ food safety compliance /fire safety
- monitor wastage in all areas, monthly stock stakes/stock control
- maintaining appearance of the premises
- implementing ideas to help grow the business eg new marketing campaigns and event ideas
We’re looking for someone:
- With passion, enthusiasm & experience who works well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- You would be working alongside a friendly, energetic team to provide excellent service to all of our customers.
- A minimum of 2 years managerial experience in all aspects of hospitality is a must from front of house, barista, kitchen and cashing up duties.
- The successful candidate will have a high level of English, be expected to take responsibility for running the Tea Room and reporting to the General Manager on a daily basis.
- Personal Alcohol Licence would be a bonus.
- Being a genuine tea fan is a bonus (but we can convert you!)
IN RETURN for all this you’ll get
- The opportunity to work with our fabulous team who deliver each and every day
- Internal training and induction
- A range of team benefits, including free food, tea and coffee!
- 28 days annual leave(inclusive of bank holidays).
If you would like to be a part of the eteaket team, please email a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and a CV that is fully up to date and correct to [email protected] Thanks.