Café Manager wanted for Tea Room (Edinburgh, competitive salary depending on experience)
Send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]co.uk
Applications close 26 Sept 2018
Start date: asap
A rare opportunity has opened up at our Tea Room and we’re looking for someone rather special to fill it.
- Do you love the sound of working with loose leaf tea, spreading joy through afternoon tea and delighting customers with quality food?
- Are you looking for a change and do you like managing and developing teams?
- Do you relish the prospect of having autonomy and the chance to put your ideas into practice?
Then get in touch and let us know why you’d be the perfect applicant for our Tea Room Manager position. We are open 7 days a week from 9am – 6pm each day (so no night shifts! Yippee).
You would be responsible for the following:
- managing the team (including hiring)
- managing cafe bookings (phone/email)
- customer service
- ordering from suppliers
- checking in deliveries
- daily banking/ petty cash
- managing policies and procedures – Health and Safety compliance/ food safety compliance /fire safety
- staff training
- monitor wastage in all areas
- monthly stock stakes/stock control
- maintaining appearance of the premises
- implementing ideas to help grow the business eg new marketing campaigns and event ideas
We’re looking for someone with passion, enthusiasm & experience who works well under pressure. Ideally you will have a Personal Alcohol Licence. You would be working alongside a friendly, energetic team to provide excellent service to all of our customers. A minimum of 2 years managerial/supervisory experience in all aspects of hospitality is a must from front of house, barista, kitchen and cashing up duties. The successful candidate will have a high level of English, be expected to take responsibility for running the Tea Room and reporting to the General Manager on a daily basis. Being a genuine tea fan is a bonus (but we can convert you!)
Full training and induction would be given.