Delicious Cold Brew Recipes… The Warmer Weather is here!
How to Cold Brew Tea
Horray for Spring and the coming Summer!
The sunshine has arrived and the blossoms are in bloom around Edinburgh. It is the time of year when we start brewing our teas cold as well as hot! So, how to cold brew tea? Cold brew is super refreshing and a great way to stay hydrated in the warmer weather. It is really easy to make at home. Follow our step by step instructions to make yours. Don`t forget to be creative! Mix blends together, add fruit…the possibilities are endless!
- A loose leaf tea of your choice
- A container or a cold brew bottle
- An strainer (if you are not using a Cold Brew bottle)
- Cold water from a tap!
- Put 2-3 tablespoons of tea into your container.
- Top up with water.
- Leave the tea for 6-8 hours (we leave ours overnight).
- Put the cold brew in the fridge
- Once ready, strain the tea.
- Your cold brew tea can last up to three days in the fridge.
- You can enjoy it straight from the fridge, with ice, with your favourite fruit or add a hint of sparkling water for some fizz!
Berry & Orange Cold Brew
- Orange Oolong loose leaf tea & Sea Buckthorn loose leaf tea
- Container or Cold brew bottle
- A strainer (if you do not have a cold brew bottle)
- Cold water from the tap!
- Put 1/2 a tablespoon of Orange oolong in a container and 2 tablespoons of Sea Buckthorn.
- Top up with water and leave for 6-8 hours.
- Strain out the tea or pour straight from your Cold Brew bottle.
- Pour over ice, enjoy!
How to Cold Brew Tea Cocktails 101
Cranberry and Apple Riot Cold Brew tea cocktail
- Cranberry and Apple Riot
- Soda Water
- Cold brew the tea for 6-8 hours. Place 2-3 tablespoons of tea in a container and top up with water.
- Put the cold brew in the fridge. Once ready strain out tea.
- Put 25mls of vodka in your glass, fill half with cold brew, a dash of soda water, a cube of ice and garnish with lemon.
So what are you waiting for?! You can get your Cold Brew bottle from our Concept Store, Tea Room or online plus browse all of our teas. Pop into our Concept Store and talk to our TEAm about which teas are best cold brewed. Happy tea drinking!