How to Make the Perfect Cup of Tea
eteaket feature in the PlanetEye Traveller this month on How to Make the Perfect Cup of Tea.
Here are our top tips:
- “You need to start with the freshest tea as possible. That’s why you should buy tea from eteaket – they work directly with suppliers so you know you’re getting fresh stuff.
- It isn’t necessary to boil filtered water, but you do need to make sure that you use fresh water from the kettle. If you re-boil water leftover from the last cup, the water gets de-oxygenated. (I do this a lot so had to admit my mistake, though Erica was forgiving!)
- We discussed at length on the use of bone china cups (with the little gold strip on the rim). While Erica couldn’t say why this makes tea taste better, we both agreed it does.
- Water temperature is important. Some teas, like green tea, doesn’t fare so well with boiling water.
- Brewing time is important (hence our timers). Be sure you know what the brewing time is for your tea.”