If you were a fruit, you’d be a fine-apple…
Celebrate National Pineapple Day with a tropical Tea Cocktail!
Yes, it’s National Pineapple Day here in the UK and I’m feeling totally tropical! I just love the addition of pineapple to anything – to me it screams SUMMER!
And talking of summer, have you tried our Limited Edition summer tea? Mellow Yellow is a yellow tea with sprinklings of goji berry, mango, hibiscus and, of course, pineapple. It smells and tastes like sunshine in a cup!
As well as giving you that lazy summer feeling, there are many potential health benefits to be gained from drinking yellow tea.
Good to know:
- Yellow Tea is produced in a similar way to green tea, but with the additional step of encasing and steaming the tea. This process allows the oxidization of the leaves to happen at a slower rate, producing a far more mellow taste than that found in most green teas – some find this easier on the stomach.
- Yellow tea can be similar to white tea due to this slower, lighter oxidization
- It can help cleanse the body of harmful toxins, if drunk in moderation
- The reportedly high levels of antioxidants found in this tea is said to improve your mental agility.
If you are a pineapple fan, celebrate this special day with an extra special tea cocktail
Mellow Yellow Fizz:
Put 2 Perfect Measures of Mellow Yellow into a container of your choice and fill with cold water (our Cold Brew Bottle is handy for this).
Leave to infuse for 8-12 hours or over night.
Once ready, strain out the tea leaves.
Put a handful of ice into a highball glass and fill the glass half full with chilled Prosecco (if you are skipping alcohol use sparkling water instead).
Top your glass up with the cold brew Mellow Yellow.
Garnish with pineapple & a paper straw.
Why not make this your go-to summer cocktail to enjoy with friends – make enough to fill a jug and add lots of fresh fruit…
Want to keep up to date with eteaket? Join our Tea Tribe here to receive:
- Invites to unique Tea Tribe only events
- Free brews on your birthday
- Access to our loyalty programme
- Try our new blends first
- Receive Tea News right to your inbox
Remember to share your summer tea adventures with us @eteaket