Introducing Hansel & Greteal Gingerbread Tea
Hansel & Greteal Christmas Tea is our brand-new creation especially for you this Christmas. We’ve crafted this warming Gingerbread flavoured black tea with caramel and forest berry highlights. Take a trip through the classic Christmas fable and delight in the irresistible yuletide flavours. Built on a base of premium Sri Lankan Black Tea and a little bit of Indian Assam this festive blend features Ginger, Cocoa Shells, Cloves, Blackberry Leaves and Safflower for a truly festive delight.
It is delicious drunk black; it can also be paired with milk in or in a tea latte or hot chocolate – checkout our Hansel & Greteal Recipe below for ideas!
H&G Hot Chocolate Recipe.
- 20ml condensed milk (omit if using a sweetened cocoa powder)
- 300ml milk of your choice
- Hansel & Greteal Small Batch tea
- Cocoa Powder
- Whipped cream
- Brew 2 tsp. of Hansel & Greteal in 300ml of boiling water and steep for 5 minutes, then discard the leaves.
- Combine your cocoa powder, condensed milk and regular milk and heat in a pan or with a steam wand.
- Fill 2 mugs 50% with the brewed tea, then top with the warm chocolate milk concoction, a good dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of ground cinnamon.
Hansel & Greteal Hot Buttered Rum
100ml of spiced rum | Substitute 100ml of cloudy apple juice to create a mocktail
20g of unsalted butter
30g dark brown sugar
Brew 2 tsp. of Hansel & Greteal in 300ml of freshly boiled water and leave for 5 minutes for an intense infusion. Meanwhile mix the sugar and butter in small pan and over medium heat allow to melt and combine and remove from heat.
For garnish remove the rind of the orange with a pairing knife or canal cutter and twist around a straw to create a garnish.
Juice the orange and add 20ml to the pan alongside a splash of orange bitters, the rum, and strained tea and stir. Divide into 2 serving glasses and garnish with orange zest.