Make your own Keep The Heid Breakfast Cookies
The say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so set yourself up for the best start by making these Keep The Heid Breakfast Cookies using our new limited edition tea, specially blended for the lovely soft tap water of Scotland. While you’re waiting 3 mins for your tea to brew, use it as your chance to pause, re-balance and create a calming space for your mind by thinking of 3 things you’re grateful for today. That simple act should empower you to create an improved state of mind, setting you up for an awesome day.
Here the recipe. If you don’t have time to brew the tea in the milk overnight, you can simply use 10ml of really strong tea with 80ml of milk.
- 1 tsp Keep The Heid tea infused overnight in 90ml unsweetened almond milk
- 100g Scottish porridge oats
- 90g whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large egg (room temp.)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 100g mango cut into small pieces
- Put 1 tsp of Keep The Heid tea in 90 mls of unsweeted almond milk. Infuse overnight then remove leaves.
- Whisk the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt together.
- Stir the coconut oil, egg, almond extract, maple syrup and almond milk infusion together then slowly stir in the dry ingredients mixture before adding the mango.
- Chill the dough for 30 mins and pre-heat over to 160C.
- Drop 15 scoops of dough onto a lined baking tray and flatten to 1 ½ cm
- Bake at 160C for around 10 mins. Don’t overbake… the middle should still be soft.
- Leave on baking sheet for 10mins before transferring to wire rack to cool.
Enjoy with a mug of Keep The Heid. Show us your results @eteaket using #CuppaTeaWithMe.