July marked our third Wellness with eteaket event. This month we were very lucky to be joined by Alanna Jarrott, Doctor of Chiropractic from Optimal Health Chiropractic. Alanna taught us why it is so important to look after your spine, how external stresses can also put stress on your spine and how your nervous system is attached to your spine, more on this later.
This month we decided it was only fitting to pick some teas to taste which could help you relax. We brewed our Blooming Marvellous green tea on our Tea Syphon, our Chocolate Abyss black tea was cold brewed with oat-milk as well as brewed in a teapot and finally our Perfect Peppermint herbal tea was also cold brewed (we blended it with our Sea Buckthorn – an eteaket favourite) and brewed in a teapot. Below is the recipe for cold brew Chocolate Abyss oat-milk – a creamy treat to help re-hydrate you in this sunny weather.
Chocolate Abyss Oat Milk
- In the bottle place two perfect tea measures of Chocolate Abyss
- Pour the oat milk directly over the tea
- Place in the fridge and for 3-8 hours.
- Either strain the tea out or if your cold brew bottle has a filter drink it straight out of the bottle.
- Tip: Pour your cold brewed milk into a cup over ice. Add a sprinkle of cocoa nibs for a crunchy treat!
After all the tea tasting we were ready to learn more about spinal health. Dr. Alanna Jarrott, Doctor of Chiropractic, is originally from Australia where she said going to a chiropractor is like going to a dentist – necessary. She hopes to spread the word in Scotland and help people understand the importance of looking after your spine. Below is a summery of some of the amazing snippets of information we learnt:
- If you tore the layer of your skin off, your friends and family would still be able to recognise you because of how detailed the nerves in your body are.
- Through your nervous system you perceive the world, adapt to stress, coordinate all body parts and functions, express emotion and create your conscious reality. (Optimal Health)
- Your nerves are connected to your spine however they are also connected to your organs, including your heart, lungs, liver, stomach and eyes. If any of your organs begin to encounter issues this can put pressure on your spine.
- We have become disconnected from our bodies and what they may need or want due to stresses, time schedules, social media and technology. For the sake of our health we must re-connect and start taking charge.
- Chiropractic can help with migraines, back pain, neck pain, posture, shoulder pain, leg pain, hip pain and overall wellness.
One stand out quote was “a healthy spine is the foundation to a healthy life”.
If you think seeing Dr. Alanna would be beneficial to you, contact her Edinburgh office and book yourself an appointment. Chiropractic is drug-free and gentle on your body.
Optimal Health Chiropractic: 0131 662 6999
We are taking a break from our wellness series for the month of August. We will be back in September with another amazing expert who will have some tips on how small changes can help your overall wellness – stay tuned!
In the meantime, here’s what we have in August:
Tea Tasting with Mr Kao
This August 9th 6-8 pm we will have Mr Kao in our Concept Store. Mr Kao is a Tea Master from Taiwan who will be preforming an extra special Tea Tasting for us; he will also be available if you wish to ask any questions. Tickets are for sale on eventbrite £10.00 – spaces are limited if you do wish to attend. Book yours now!
The Scottish Tea Experience with eteaket
Every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday 5-5.30pm throughout August our Scottish Tea Experience is taking place in our Concept Store. You will be able to try our famous Tomatin Barrel aged Whisky Tea, Isle of Harris Gin Tea and Sea Buckthorn fruit tea. They will all be brewed in innovative ways and you will have the chance to see and smell Scottish Grown black tea by Windy Hollow Farm in Perthshire.
Join our Tea Tribe here to receive updates on our latest events, innovations and products.
Join our Tea Tribe to recieve:
- Invites to unique Tea Tribe only events.
- Free brews on your birthday.
- Access to our loyalty programme.
- Try our new blends first.
- Receive Tea News right to your inbox