Chritsmas Tea Recipes
With party season in full flow we’ve put together a few tea-filled recipes to infuse a touch of decadence into your celebrations!
Waltz of the Flower Truffles
- Waltz of the Flower small batch tea
- 250g of ground almonds
- 125g of icing sugar
- 125g of caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 30g Pistachios
- In a pestle and mortar grind 2 tsp. of Waltz of the Flowers tea until fine, add in a tablespoon of boiling water to start to release the flavour.
- In a food processer place the almonds, caster sugar and icing sugar and blitz until mixed.
- Add in the tea mixture and the first egg yolk. Continue to blend until the mixture comes together as a paste, add in the second egg yolk if needed.
- Once you have a firm dough remove from the blender shape into bite sized balls and refrigerate.
- Crush the pistachios.
- Melt the dark chocolate until liquid and carefully dip in each of the set marzipan balls, sprinkle over crushed pistachio and a few petals from the tea and allow to cool and set.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
The Nutcracker Latte
- The Nutcracker small batch tea
- 125ml Milk of your choice
- 25ml Condensed
- whipped cream
- Brew 1 tsp. per latte of Nutcracker tea in 125ml of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Combine the milk and condensed milk and heat- you can do this in a pan, with a steam wand or velvetiser.
- Strain the tea into your mug and top with milk concoction.
- To finish swirl on whipped cream, cinnamon and marshmallows!
Matcha Christmas Tree Cookies
• 1 tsp. Ceremonial Matcha
• 250g unsalted butter
• 250g caster sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 large egg
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 350g plain flour
• Preheat the oven to 180° C. In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Then whisk in the egg and vanilla
• Combine the baking powder with flour and matcha, then slowly add in the wet mixture until it becomes a firm dough.
• Chill the dough for 20-30 minutes until firm, roll out on a flour surface & use a cookie cutter to create the shapes.
• Bake for 8-10 minutes, leave to cool then drizzle with icing or white chocolate let it set and serve!