What are your tips for the Edinburgh International Festival? What’s in your bag?
- An apple – always handy to have a piece of fruit to nibble on while queuing for food at the pop-up food stalls.
- Cold Brew Tea – keeping hydrated with a boost of fruity cold brew tea (in this case eteaket’s Cranberry Apple Riot mixed with Perfect Peppermint) in the super stylish Hario Cold Brew Bottle from eteaket Concept Store or online shop.
- Reusable picnic cups – these handy, reusable cups from Habitat just happen to be in my favourite colour. Later on I plan to cold brew Isle of Harris Gin Tea (no. 8), add a splash of Prosecco and share it with a friend.
- Stripy, glittery socks – I will probably be out enjoying myself later than planned this evening, so I came prepared to pop these stylish socks on when my ankles get chilly. Great range of Becksondergaard socks from Anthropologie on George Street.
- Chocolate snacks – always handy to have some Choco Mix in the bag to keep me going. Henderson’s Shop & Deli have a great range of healthy, veggie, vegan snacks and food.
- A selection of free magazines, guides and flyers – there’s so much happening during the festival and you don’t always know where to begin. Luckily there’s lots of free literature out there with recommendations. i-on is always useful to pick up any time of the year as it has some great food/boutique/event reviews.
- lil’POP popped sorghum – if popping in to town to check out the festival buzz after work turns in to a whole evening of catching up with friends over drinks and festival shows, I always like to be prepared with nibbles. This is my favourite lil’POP flavour – pink Himalayan salt
- Isle of Harris Gin Tea – the handy sachets of loose leaf tea which come in eteaket’s Coveted Collection are great when you are on the go. As mentioned earlier I plan to cold brew this one, add a splash of Prosecco and enjoy it with a friend.
- Japanese Tea Tin – you never know when you will get the opportunity to enjoy a good cup of hot tea when you are out & about. That’s why I come prepared with this air-tight tin, packed with my current favourite tea; White Peach.
- Sun glasses – yes, as all locals know, once the festival hits Edinburgh the weather is bound to get unpredictable. You might not be wearing your sunnies all day, but you will need them at some point. (Just realised I’ve left my umbrella somewhere. Doh!)
- Nail polish – if I’m meeting friends straight from work, a little nail polish helps to make my work outfit into my evening outfit. In my mind, anyway. Love this colour I bought at Kiko Milano on Princess Street.
- Notebook – ‘Things to do. People to see. Good times :)’ great notebook for all my thoughts and doodles.
And of course it all fits nicely in my eteaket Tea-Bag Tote – so handy for any adventure, and goes with every outfit 😉