Our Royal Earl Grey tea stands head and shoulders above its regular Earl Grey subjects. It is built on a base of exceptional whole leaf Ceylon tea which is scented with natural Bergamot Oil (extracted from the rind of the Bergamot orange) and embellished with cornflowers to create a truly regal Earl Grey.
The full bodied Ceylon leaf hits it off perfectly with the citrus notes, giving a delightfully refreshing cup.
Royal Earl Grey G & T:
• Royal Earl Grey Tea • Gin • Tonic Water • Lemon juice from ½ a lemon • 2 teaspoons sugar syrup • Lemon wheel to garnish • Ice
1. Infuse the gin with Royal Earl Grey. Use 400Ml of Gin and add two teaspoons of Royal Earl Grey in a personal tea bag. Leave for 1-2 hours.
2. To make the sugar syrup use 100ml of water with 3 teaspoons of sugar, heat until all the sugar is dissolved.
3. Into a jar add 2 parts Gin, the lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of sugar syrup and shake.
4. Pour the gin mix over ice and add 3 parts tonic. Garnish with a lemon wheel.
Royal Earl Grey Iced Tea:
1. Brew a pot of Royal Earl Grey and leave to cool.
2. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of sugar syrup (to make a sugar syrup, 50g of sugar dissolved in 100ml of water.)
3. Pour over ice and garnish with a slice of lemon.
4. For a twist add a splash of gin and tonic.